Visit the archaeological sites after corona
Visit the archaeological sites after corona
Lalbagh Fort, Dhaka
Lalbagh fort is the only historical monument of Mughal period in Bangladesh, in which hard stones, marble stones and colorful tiles have been used simultaneously. Apart from Lalbagh Fort, no other historical monument of Bangladesh has such a diverse combination till date. Lalbagh Fort is located in Lalbagh of Old Dhaka. Lalbagh Fort was designed by Shah Azam. Azam Shah, the third son of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, started the construction of this fort in 1678 AD as the residence of the Subedar of Dhaka.
Hajiganj Fort, Narayanganj
Hajiganj Fort is located on the west bank of Shitalakshya in Hajiganj area of Narayanganj city. It takes about an hour to go to Hajiganj Fort from Dhaka. Hajiganj Fort is also known as Khizirpur Fort. Characterized by Jaldurga, the fort was built at the confluence of the old Buriganga with the Shitalakshya. The fort was built shortly after Mughal Subedar Islam Khan established the Mughal capital at Dhaka to ward off attacks by Mughal and Portuguese pirates along the river.
Shashi Lodge, Mymensingh
Raghunandan Acharya Chowdhury, the third descendant of Shrikrishna Acharya Chowdhury, the founder of Muktagacha Zamindari, was childless. Then Gaurikant Acharya Chowdhury was adopted by Raghunandan. Gaurikant’s widowed wife Bimala Devi adopted Kashikant. Kashikant’s forehead was also very bad! Suffering from long illness and pain, he also passed away childless! His widowed wife Lakshmi Devi Acharya Choudhurani adopted Chandrakant, following in the footsteps of her predecessors. Against fate, Chandrakanta also quickly left the illusion of the world. At the end of the 19th century, Suryakanta built an extraordinary two-storied building on nine acres of land in the heart of Mymensingh city. The building was named Shashi Lodge after the adopted son of the childless Suryakant Shashikant Acharya Chowdhury.
Jainteswari is originally the home of the deity worshiped by the Sinteng or Jainta kings. In 1618 King Jaishomanik installed the statue of Goddess Kali as a gift and built the house. Raja Dhanmanik was the ruler of Jaintia from 1596 to 1606. After his death in 1606 Cachar king Shatru Daman released Jashomanik. Jasomanik returned to the country and ascended the throne. After this victory over the enemy, Jashomanik went to Cooch Behar and married the daughter of Cochraja Lakshminarayan. She received a precious metal idol as dowry. The idol of Goddess Kali was taken to Jaintapur with great respect and installed as Jainteswari Kali in Mahasamarohe.
Bagha Mosque, Rajshahi
Bagha Masjid is a historic mosque located in Bagha Upazila, about 41 km southeast of Rajshahi district headquarters. Sultan Nasiruddin Nasrat Shah established the mosque in 1523 AD. The mosque was built in 1523-1524 by Sultan Nasrat Shah, son of Alauddin Shah, the founder of the Hussain Shahi dynasty. The mosque is situated on 256 bighas of land. The mosque has 10 domes. And inside there are six pillars. The mosque has four mehrabs, which are very elaborate.
Paharpur Buddha Vihar, Naogaon
Paharpur Buddhist Monastery or Sompur Vihar or Sompur Mahavihar is an ancient Buddhist monastery that is now destroyed. Dharmapaladeva, the second king of the Palavansh dynasty, was building this temple in the late 8th or 9th century. Sir Cunningham discovered this great feat in 1879. In 1985, UNESCO gave it the status of a World Heritage Site. It was a very famous Buddhist center for 300 years.
Mahasthangarh is one of the oldest monuments of Bangladesh. Civilized settlements were established here even before the birth of Jesus Christ. Archaeological evidence has been found. In 2016, it was declared the Cultural Capital of SAARC. The walled city has archeological monuments from different eras. For several centuries the place was the provincial capital of the mighty Maurya, Gupta, Pala and Sena rulers and later the capital of the Hindu feudal lords.
Tajhat Zamindarbari, Rangpur
The Tajhat Zamindarbari of Rangpur has a hundred years of indelible glory. Although many of our achievements have been lost in the passage of time, Tajhat Zamindarbari still survives. Manna Lal Roy was the founder of the Tajhat Zamindar dynasty. He came from Punjab and started living in Mahiganj of Rangpur. At that time Mahiganj was the district town of Rangpur. It is said that the area was named Tajhat because of the attractive Taj and jeweled crown of gold merchant Manna Lal Roy.
Kantjiu Temple, Dinajpur
The Kantjiu temple in Dinajpur, built in the Indo-Persian style of sculpture, is the most beautiful temple in the country. Most of the architects were brought from Persia. Kaliakanta Jiu, i.e. for the installation of the idol of Lord Krishna, hence the name of the temple Kantjiu, Kantji or Kantjir. The area came to be known as Kantnagar because of the temple and hence the other name of the temple later became Temple of Kantnagar. From the inscription on the foundation altar on the northern side of the temple, it is known that the then Maharaja zamindar of Dinajpur Prananath Roy started the construction of the temple in his last age.
Six Domed Mosque, Bagerhat
Six-domed mosque is an ancient mosque located in the southwest of Bagerhat district of Bangladesh. It is believed to have been built in the 1500s. This mosque was built over many years and spent a lot of money. The stones were brought from the palace. It is one of the three World Heritage Sites in Bangladesh; Bagerhat city itself has been given the status of World Heritage Site. This honor was given by UNESCO in 1983.
However, there will be a request to traveling friends, if there is an opportunity to travel in the post-corona period, still maintain social distance and ensure your safety. Don’t let anyone else suffer for your trip. Always follow the rules adopted by the government.