Constipation or constipation
Constipation is the hardening of the stool. This is a very well known health problem. Many people sometimes have very hard bowel movements and have to exercise for a long time during defecation. Besides, after going to the toilet, it seems that the stomach has not been cleaned properly.
Constipation makes the stools harder, which causes many people to feel pain during defecation. In some cases, there may not be a continuous toilet for three or four days. These are all common symptoms of constipation. Prolonged constipation can lead to anal diseases such as piles or hemorrhoids or anal fissure or gauze disease . It is possible to avoid this problem in a completely homely way without any kind of medicine if you follow some general rules knowing why toilet tanning is done.
What are the symptoms of constipation?
If there is usually less than three bowel movements a week , it is called constipation. In addition, the symptoms of constipation are:
- The closet is dry , like hard wheels
- The size of the toilet is bigger than usual
- Having trouble defecating
- Feeling that the stomach is not being cleansed
- Abdominal pain , bloating , or nausea
Why is constipation?
Constipation can be caused by a variety of reasons. The 6 most common and important of these are:
- Not having enough fiber in your diet
- Not drinking enough water
- Lack of lying down and physical exertion
- The speed of the toilet actually keeps it down
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Side effects of the drug
It is important to know how these causes cause constipation. This will make it easier to solve.
1. Not eating enough fiber or fibrous foods
Fiber is a type of sugar. Fiber is very important for cleansing the stomach. In our digestive tract, where fibers are made and stored, the fibers act much like sponges.
Fiber helps retain water in the toilet by absorbing and retaining water. As a result, the toilet becomes soft and heavy, easily comes out of the body. But if there is not enough fiber in the food, the stools become hard, which can lead to constipation.
2. Not drinking enough water
Water combines with dietary fiber to make the toilet heavier and softer. This makes it easier to move the stool through the digestive tract. So if you do not drink enough water can cause constipation.
3. Lack of lying down and physical exertion
Regular exercise and physical activity activates our digestive system i.e. the intestines inside the stomach. It comes out of the toilet naturally. Lack of regular physical activity can lead to constipation.
4. The speed of the toilet actually keeps it down
Many people do not want to go to the toilet when the toilet is hard, because then it is a little difficult to defecate. But if the speed of the toilet is actually kept, then the body gradually begins to absorb water from there. If the stool is stored inside the stomach, it becomes harder day by day, resulting in constipation.
5. Stress, anxiety or depression
Many times stress, anxiety or depression can cause the body to lose its normal rhythm, disrupting physiological functions. This can cause constipation.
. Medication side effects
Constipation can occur as a side effect of certain medications. Contains –
- Tramadol or opiate national pain medication
- Iron tablets
- Calcium supplement
- Some medicines used in chemotherapy
In addition, taking more than five medications at a time may increase the risk of constipation.
What is the way to overcome constipation?
It is possible to get rid of constipation easily by avoiding the causes that can cause constipation. Below is how to treat constipation at home.
1. The amount of fiber in the food list should be increased
Eat foods that are high in fiber. Whole grains like green vegetables, fruits, pulses, red flour and red rice should be eaten more. It is recommended to consume about 30 grams of fiber daily to avoid constipation.
How to add fiber to your daily diet to relieve constipation? Here are 5 easy tips:
1. You can use red rice and red flour to eat rice or bread. They contain a lot of fiber.
2. You can put pulses in the food every day. Pulses contain enough fiber.
3. There should be a few types of vegetables in the daily diet or at least one type of vegetables if not possible.
4. Try to eat fruits or vegetables that can be eaten peeled without peeling. Because the shell contains a high amount of fiber. You can eat foods like tomatoes, apples and potatoes with peel. However, it must be thoroughly washed before eating.
5. Good fiber is found in whole or whole fruits and vegetables. The amount of fiber is reduced by making juice or mash.
However, the amount of fiber in the food list should not be increased in a hurry. Because suddenly increasing the amount of fiber in the diet can cause air problems. In addition, flatulence, severe pain in the lower abdomen can be a variety of complications.
So the amount of fiber in the food list should be gradually increased. If you ate only one fruit yesterday, decide to eat two today. Eat some nuts with. If you do not want to eat cooked vegetables, you can cut tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots with rice and start eating salad.
Medicine to relieve constipation: Isabgulera husk
If constipation has already occurred, you can eat isabgul husk. Isabgul husk is an excellent home remedy for constipation. It contains a lot of fiber. Husk softens the bowel by absorbing and retaining water, thus relieving constipation. It is generally recommended to eat husk twice a day. However, there are certain rules of food, which are unknown to most people. Find out the details from our article on eating husk to relieve our constipation . You should not forget to drink at least two liters of water throughout the day while playing husk.
2. Drink at least two liters of water a day
Water softens the toilet and helps to relieve constipation. In addition, fiber foods absorb a lot of water. So along with increasing the fiber in the diet, you also need to increase the amount of water you drink. Constipation usually goes away in a few days if you drink enough fiber and water.
If you do not drink enough water with fiber, the intestines inside the stomach may get stuck. In such a situation you have to go to the hospital on an emergency basis. To avoid this situation you need to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
3. Exercise or exercise for a while every day
Need to do regular exercise or light exercise. Keeping the body active helps to keep the bowels soft. Try to exercise for some time every day.
If you are between the ages of 19 and 64, you should do at least two and a half hours a week of moderate type of exercise, such as brisk walking or cycling. If you want to exercise a little harder, you can choose to run, play football, jump rope, swim. In case of heavy exercise, you should try to exercise at least 1 hour or 75 minutes in a week.
Choosing between heavy exercise or running every day is not an option. You can choose between walking, light stretching, yoga, etc. to keep your body moving. Studies have shown that walking or light exercise also play an effective role in reducing constipation.
If you do not have the opportunity to do anything else, try to walk at least 15-20 minutes every day. If necessary, you can start small. Start with one, then walk twice in the morning and evening. First walk three days a week like this and slowly bring it to five days. Then gradually increase the time. It will be possible to prevent even a little bit of constipation.
If you want to get into the habit of running regularly, follow the guidelines for making running habits in 9 weeks .
4. The speed of the toilet can’t actually keep it down
The problem of constipation becomes serious when the toilet is kept pressed. This can lead to a variety of health problems, including piles and anal fissures . So the speed of the toilet should actually go to the toilet as soon as possible.
For those who have constipation, the best way to defecate is to sit in a pan or low commode. So you can use low commode if possible.
And if you have to use a high commode, you can sit with your feet high with a small tool under your feet, so that your knees are above your waist. This will make defecation easier. Below we have attached a picture for ease of understanding.
5. Measures must be taken to improve mental health
You can do peace of mind that is good. It could be going for a walk, listening to music, praying or spending time with loved ones. If you suffer from Depression or Anxiety , take treatment for that disease. As your mood improves, so will your constipation.
. Be aware of the side effects of the drug
Tell your doctor if you think constipation has increased after starting a new medication to avoid side effects . He can change the medicine if necessary, or add another medicine to treat constipation.
When to consult a doctor if constipation?
Consult a doctor without delay in the following 9 conditions:
- If constipation is not resolved at home
- If you suffer from regular constipation or bloating for a long time
- If diarrhea starts after having constipation for a long time
- If there is blood in the stool or black stool like tar
- If there is pain in the toilet
- Abdominal pain or fever with constipation actually
- If you feel tired all the time
- Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness
- Suffering from anemia
What are the problems with constipation for a long time?
If you have constipation for a long time, you may have ‘fecal impact’. This means that the stool may be stuck in your anus. The main symptom of fecal impact is diarrhea after a long period of constipation.
In this case, the following four methods of treatment are usually used:
- Eczema: Strong laxatives or laxatives are recommended according to the doctor’s advice.
- Suppository: A lubricant is given through the rectum to soften the bowel.
- Mini Enema: Liquid medicine is injected through the rectum so that the stool comes out.
- In some cases the bowel movement is removed directly or with the help of machinery.